I feel pretty

The "BEFORE" shot
There comes a time in every mommy's life when she feels like something the cat dragged in.  No time to spend primping and making herself feel like the beautiful person she is.  There are days we look in the mirror and go "UGH!".  When I entered the Bloom Essentials (http://www.bloomessentials.com/)Contest in June I gave no thought to the Grand prize.  It was just for fun.  I've been getting my toes done there for ages and enjoyed reading the daily challenges for their 15th Birthday Celebration Contest.  Fast forward to June 29th and the day they announced the winner...I was in shock.  I had to read it over and over again.  I had no idea what to expect but I knew I was super excited!  When they called ( Bloom Essentials) to congratulate me over the phone we were literally moving out of the old house.  The phone was to be disconnected in a few hours.  I said that I was ok with not rushing the portrait session because we were just swamped. Sarah Smith from phoTobin Photography (http://www.photobinphotography.com/)contacted me and we organized the date for my contemporary portrait sitting.  The e-mails back and forth were friendly, helpful and full of excitement.  I couldn't help but feel jazzed for the event. One month later (July 29th), I set off after moving in to the new house, painting and unpacking, to their studio located in Vancouver.  A charming and delightful experience awaited me.  Greeted at the door by Sarah and Tobin, the day just got better.  Tobin shot the official "before" photo and I was whisked away for hair and make-up by Sarah.  I brought a few outfits and both Sarah and Tobin went through and selected what they felt was right for the shots.  Sarah promised no wardrobe malfunctions ( Pulling a Janet Jackson) and she watched the entire shoot.  Tobin was amazing in guiding my positioning so that he could get the best shots, smiles and attitude.   I was sad to see it end, I was having such a great time.  We arranged my portrait viewing for the following week and I left feeling beautiful. 


On Tuesday night, Sarah once again met me at the door of their studio, which was this time set up in an amazing and comfortable way to view the photos that Tobin took.   We watched them one time through as a slideshow on a large screen TV and then we compared and isolated the right ones.  I had plenty of time to choose which ones would be my "six" shots, that would come in a special, unique folio box matted on 11x14 mats.  The joy of winning the contest was that I didn't have to worry about my budget ( guilt free).  I can't help but stare at the photos as I truly can't believe that's me.  The experience at phoTobin was amazing and I can't thank them and the girls from Bloom enough for allowing me to "have a little fun" and for the confidence boost from all the Facebook love.

Comments